Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Skiing hat with celtic motifs

As I baught new skiis I needed a new hat as well.
I thought this celtic motif was perfect for my hat. Knitting it from the center was a challenge for me.

The first round is 8 stiches (2 on each needle). Every next round you make 3 stiches from the corner stiches. This is the chart:


When the chart was over the circuit of the hat was luckily exactly my size. :) Then I had to knit just stright ahead.
Another celtic motif on the ears:


Fixing the endings of the yarns inside (you will have large amount of endings if you do colourwork knitting around):

Knitting another layer inside (I wanted double layers to make it cosy):

This is the result:



It is original and my ears don's freeze!

4 comments:

  1. What a great hat! You have a talent for design! It is nice you got it done with two more months of winter left to wear it in. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yes, winter seems to be quite long near here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the most beautiful hat I've ever seen and it suits you so well!
    Great job, really :)

    ReplyDelete